Background Ventilation : Good to Know
- Our handy ventilation calculator will provide you with a total equivalent area requirement for any property using System 1 of the Building Regulations, Part F. The calculation should then be used in conjunction with the finer details contained within Part F.
- Background ventilators should be located in all rooms with external walls. Once the total requirement has been calculated, at least 5000mm² equivalent area is required in each habitable room and 2500mm² equivalent area is required in each wet room.
- Background ventilators should be sited to avoid draughts. This can typically be achieved at a position of 1.7m above floor level.
- We are always happy to assist you with product selections, call our technical team on 01536 511874 for advice.
- Do you have acoustic issues? We have a comprehensive range of acoustic ventilators available for sites and properties with noise problems.