Open Fire Ventilation : Good to Know
- Open fires require a considerable amount of air to burn safely and efficiently. Under-ventilating produces an incomplete combustion resulting in the production of carbon monoxide, plus the spillage of smoke and fumes into the room.
- All our ventilators have an equivalent area calculation as required by Part J of the Building Regulations.
- The calculator is for open fire installations in the UK and uses the ventilation requirements of the Building Regulations Part J to generate results.
- We have assumed the air vent will be in the same room as the fire and positioned to access directly to the outside.
- To get started input a few details about the fire and the property into which it is to be installed. Hit the Calculate button and a list of suitable ventilators will be generated.