FAD610M – Rytons Fire Retardant RytHose 150mm Dia. x 10m L
- General Details
- Quote Request
- Related Products
- Flexible and robust aluminium ducting suitable for use with mechanical air ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Fire retardant to BS476 Parts 6 and 7.
- Provides a tough, puncture resistant, highly flexible and sag free ducting.
- Lightweight and easily fitted to external grilles and round connectors.
- PLEASE NOTE: This item is a plastic component, and therefore not suitable for use within the external walls of high-rise buildings requiring non-combustible materials, i.e. those 18m high or more complying with Regulation 7(2) and Approved Document B, and those 11m high or more complying to 2.7 of Building (Scotland) technical handbook. For compliant alternatives, including a bespoke production service, see Rytons A1® Fire-rated Ventilation Range.
- 152mm Dia. x 10m L.
- 18,148mm² (181.48cm²) per unit.
- Aluminium/polyester film supported by an encapsulated high tensile steel wire helix.
- -30ºC to 150ºC.
- 30 m/s (maximum).
- 3,000 Pa (maximum).
- Fully extend ducting and cut to length using a sharp knife and pliers. Seal joints on medium and high pressure applications.
- Approved to BS476 Part 6 – Fire Propagation: The materials used in the construction of the duct be non-combustible or should have an index of performance not exceeding 12, or which not more than 6 should derive from the initial period of test.
- Approved to BS476 Part 7 – Surface Spread of Flame.
- The Building Regulations F1 2021, Installation of ventilation systems:
- 1.76: Rigid ducts should be used wherever possible.
- 1.77: Flexible ductwork, where installed, should meet all of the following conditions.
- a. Only used for final connections.
- b. Lengths should be a maximum of 1.5m.
- c. Meet the standards of BSRIA’s BG 43/2013.
- 1.78: Any flexible ducts should be installed so that the full internal diameter is maintained and flow resistance is minimised. This is achieved by taking both of the following actions.
- a. Pulling the duct taut.
- b. Ensuring that ductwork does not pass through orifices with a smaller diameter than the duct itself.
- 1.79: Ductwork installations should be designed and installed to minimise the overall pressure losses within the system by taking all of the following steps.
- a. Minimising the overall length of duct.
- b. Minimising the number of bends required.
- c. Installing appropriately sized ducts for the air flow rate.
- Note: This approved document takes effect on 15 June 2022 for use in England. It does not apply to work subject to a building notice, full plans application or initial notice submitted before that date, provided the work is started on site before 15 June 2023.
- Rytons RytHose meets the requirements of BSRIA BG 43/2013.
Rytons is proud to be a family run business and British manufacturer since 1972