RYTWTUBE – Rytons Rytweep Tube (500mm L)
- Cavity and Underfloor Ventilators, Weep Hole Ducts
- Weep Hole Ducts and Slim Vents
- RYTWTUBE - Rytons Rytweep® Tube (500mm L)
RYTWTUBE – Rytons Rytweep® Tube (500mm L)
- General Details
- Related Products
- Simple push fit into the Rytweep outlet.
- Neutral colour to complement any bricks, blocks or mortar.
- 500mm length easily cut as required.
- 500mm L x 6mm Internal Dia. x 8mm External Dia.
- Not applicable.
- High quality plastic.
- Cut tube to required length and insert into the external Rytweep outlet. Install the whole unit as directed in the Rytweep installation instructions.
- Pack quantity: 20 lengths.
- Pack size: 52cm L x 35cm Diameter.
- Pack weight: 0.24kg.
- NHBC Standards 6.1.17. Where fairfaced masonry is supported by lintels weep holes should be provided at a maximum of 450mm intervals and each opening should have at least two weep holes.
- Weep holes in rendered walls – NHBC Technical Newsletter April 2005 (Issue 32). If the outer leaf of a masonry wall is fully rendered then weep holes over cavity trays may be omitted. However, if the render stops short of the top of a wall and has a fair faced masonry panel above it then weep holes should be provided over the cavity trays within both the fair faced and the rendered section of the wall.
- The NHBC also recommend that any wall that supports ground should be drained to relieve water pressure.
- The Building Regulations, Approved Document C, Internal and external walls (moisture from the ground) 5.5 (b) If the wall is an external wall, the damp-proof course should be at least 150mm above the level of the adjoining ground. 5.5 (c) If the wall is an external cavity wall provide weep holes every 900mm to assist in the transfer of moisture through the external leaf. Where the damp-proof tray does not extend the full length of the exposed wall, i.e. above an opening, stop ends and at least two weep holes should be provided.
- Also refer to: British Standards BS 8215.