AAC125HP – Rytons Super Acoustic Controllable LookRyt AirCore
- General Details
- BRE Test Report
- Fitting Instruction Sheet
- Related Products
- Retro-fitted core ventilator for background room ventilation.
- Allows the introduction of fresh outside air into the room to disperse moisture, odours and other airborne pollutants.
- Use in noisy areas to reduce the amount of noise entering the building for a more peaceful environment.
- Unique draught reducing panel manually adjusted with an easy push/pull or tilt action allowing air to be controlled as required.
- Paint or wallpaper the panel to match room décor for a discreet appearance.
- External water baffle prevents the transfer of water across the cavity.
- External grille U.V. stabilised to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- Position at high level (typically 1.7m above floor level) for all dwelling types and storey heights.
- Patent No. GB 2523676.
- PLEASE NOTE: This item is a plastic component and therefore not suitable for use within the external walls of high-rise buildings requiring non-combustible materials, i.e. those 18m high or more complying to Regulation 7(2) and Approved Document B, and those 11m high or more complying to 2.7 of Building (Scotland) technical handbook 2019. For compliant alternatives, which includes our tailor-made design service, see Rytons A1 Fire-rated Ventilation Range.
Sound Reduction & Equivalent Area:
- Sound reduced by 43 dB with internal grille fully open and 50 dB when closed (Dn,e,w) (tested by BRE Acoustics).
- 8,500mm² (85cm²) equivalent area (tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE).
- External grille: 166mm L x 160mm H.
- Tube: 127mm (5″) Dia. x 358mm L.
- LookRyt panel: 172mm L x 172mm H.
- Terracotta external: AAC125HPTC.
- Buff/Sand external: AAC125HPBS.
- White external: AAC125HPWH.
- LookRyt panel: Magnolia (may be painted or wallpapered to match décor).
- Colour matching available using the Tailor-made by Rytons bespoke ventilation service.
- External grille: U.V. stabilised high impact polystyrene.
- Tube: High impact polystyrene containing sound absorbent foam lining.
- Tube contains recycled plastic.
- Tube softening point: 70ºC (unlined).
- Tube melting point: 120ºC (unlined).
- Foam flammability testing: UL94 HF-1.
- Foam burn rate testing: FMVSS302, 4 inches min-1 (max).
- LookRyt panel: High impact styrene.
- LookRyt panel melting point: 160-180ºC (unlined).
- Box quantity: 1 set.
- Box size: 44cm W x 19cm H x 22.5cm D.
- Box weight: 0.756kg.
- Measurement of airborne sound insulation was made in accordance with BS EN 20140-10: 1992.
- Single number quantities were calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1:1997.
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE.
- Also refer to: The Building Regulations 2000, Approved Document F,
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.14,
- The Building Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000, Technical Booklet K,
- British Standard BS 5250.
Questions & Answers:
- Will the vent reduce sound from inside to outside as well as from outside to inside? The BRE has advised us that it’s reasonable to assume that ‘reciprocity’ applies to the vents. That is, the third octave values for sound reduction index are the same in both directions (out to in and in to out).
NBS Plus Specification:
45 dB open / 50 dB closed (Dn,e,w)
8,400mm² (84cm²) Equivalent Area
8,400mm² (84cm²) Equivalent Area