AAC125LPCWL – Rytons Cowled Super Acoustic LookRyt AirCore
- General Details
- BRE Test Report
- Fitting Instruction Sheet
- Related Products
- Retro-fitted combustion air vent with external cowl for boilers, stoves and fires.
- Cowl protects against excessive weather conditions and alleviates air blasts through the cavity.
- Use in noisy areas to reduce the amount of noise entering the building for a more peaceful environment.
- Unique draught reducing panel disperses air evenly for improved comfort.
- Paint or wallpaper the panel to match room décor for a discreet appearance.
- External water baffle prevents transfer of water across the cavity.
- Cowl and external grille U.V. stabilised to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- HETAS approved for use with solid fuel appliances.
- LookRyt Panel: Patent No. GB 2490138.
- PLEASE NOTE: This item is a plastic component and therefore not suitable for use within the external walls of high-rise buildings requiring non-combustible materials, i.e. those 18m high or more complying to Regulation 7(2) and Approved Document B, and those 11m high or more complying to 2.7 of Building (Scotland) technical handbook 2019. For compliant alternatives, which includes our tailor-made design service, see Rytons A1 Fire-rated Ventilation Range.
Sound Reduction & Equivalent Area:
- Sound reduced by 45 dB (Dn,e,w) (tested by BRE Acoustics).
- 7,200mm² (72cm²) equivalent area (tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE).
- Cowl: 217mm L x 210mm H x 93mm D.
- External grille: 166mm L x 160mm H.
- Tube: 127mm (5″) Dia. x 358mm L.
- LookRyt panel: 172mm L x 172mm H.
- Terracotta external: AAC125LPTCWL.
- Buff/Sand external: AAC125LPBCWL.
- White external: AAC125LPWCWL.
- LookRyt panel: Magnolia (may be painted or wallpapered to match décor).
- Colour matching available using the Tailor-made by Rytons bespoke ventilation service.
- Cowl and external grille: U.V. stabilised high impact polystyrene.
- Tube: High impact polystyrene containing sound absorbent foam lining.
- Tube contains recycled plastic.
- Tube softening point: 70ºC (unlined).
- Tube melting point: 120ºC (unlined).
- Foam flammability testing: UL94 HF-1.
- Foam burn rate testing: FMVSS302, 4 inches min-1 (max).
- LookRyt panel: High impact styrene.
- LookRyt panel melting point: 160-180ºC (unlined).
- Box quantity: 1 set.
- Box size: 44cm W x 19cm H x 22.5cm D.
- Box weight: 0.859kg.
- Measurement of airborne sound insulation was made in accordance with BS EN 20140-10: 1992.
- Single number quantities were calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1:1997.
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE.
- Also refer to: The Building Regulations, Approved Document J,
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.21,
- The Building Regulations (Northern Ireland), Technical Booklet L,
- British Standard BS 5440-2,
- British Standard BS 5871-3 (decorative fuel effect gas fires).
Questions & Answers:
- Will the vent reduce sound from inside to outside as well as from outside to inside? The BRE has advised us that it’s reasonable to assume that ‘reciprocity’ applies to the vents. That is, the third octave values for sound reduction index are the same in both directions (out to in and in to out).
NBS Plus Specification:
44 dB (Dn,e,w).
7,400mm² (74cm²) Equivalent Area
7,400mm² (74cm²) Equivalent Area