AAC125HP – Rytons Super Acoustic Controllable LookRyt® AirCore®
- General Details
- BRE Test Report
- Fitting Instruction Sheet
- Quote Request
- Related Products
- Retro-fitted core ventilator for background room ventilation.
- Allows the introduction of fresh outside air into the room to disperse moisture, odours and other airborne pollutants.
- Use in noisy areas to reduce the amount of noise entering the building for a more peaceful environment.
- Unique draught reducing panel manually adjusted with an easy push/pull or tilt action allowing air to be controlled as required.
- Paint or wallpaper the panel to match room décor for a discreet appearance.
- External water baffle prevents the transfer of water across the cavity.
- External grille U.V. stabilised to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- Position at a high level (typically 1.7m above floor level) for all dwelling types and storey heights.
- Patent No. GB 2523676.
- Please note: This item is a plastic component and therefore not suitable for use in the external walls of high-rise buildings over 18m (11m in Scotland) and those 11m and above undergoing unsafe cladding remediation work. For a compliant alternative, see Rytons A1 Fire-rated Metal Range.
Sound Reduction & Equivalent Area:
- Sound reduced by 43 dB with internal grille fully open and 50 dB when closed (Dn,e,w) (tested by BRE Acoustics).
- 8,500mm² (85cm²) equivalent area (tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE).
- External grille: 166mm L x 160mm H.
- Tube: 127mm (5″) Dia. x 358mm L.
- LookRyt® panel: 172mm L x 172mm H.
- Terracotta external: AAC125HPTC.
- Buff/Sand external: AAC125HPBS.
- White external: AAC125HPWH.
- LookRyt® panel: Magnolia (may be painted or wallpapered to match décor).
- Colour matching available using the Tailor-made by Rytons bespoke ventilation service.
- External grille: U.V. stabilised high impact polystyrene.
- Tube: High impact polystyrene containing sound absorbent foam lining.
- Tube contains recycled plastic.
- Tube softening point: 70ºC (unlined).
- Tube melting point: 120ºC (unlined).
- Foam flammability testing: UL94 HF-1.
- Foam burn rate testing: FMVSS302, 4 inches min-1 (max).
- LookRyt® panel: High impact styrene.
- LookRyt® panel melting point: 160-180ºC (unlined).
- Measurement of airborne sound insulation was made in accordance with BS EN 20140-10: 1992.
- Single number quantities were calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1:1997.
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE.
Also refer to:
- The Building Regulations Approved Document F, 2010 edition incorporating 2013 amendments.
- The Building Regulations Approved Document F, 2021 edition. This approved document takes effect on 15 June 2022 for use in England and 23 November 2022 for use in Wales. It does not apply to work subject to a building notice, full plans application or initial notice submitted before that date, provided the work is started on site before 15 June 2023 in England or 23 November 2023 in Wales.
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.14.
- Building Regulations (Northern Ireland), Technical Booklet K.
- For Ireland’s National Retrofitting Scheme, NSAI SR54: Code of practice for the energy efficient retrofit of dwellings.
- Building Regulations Ireland, Technical Guidance Document F: Ventilation.
- British Standard BS 5250.
- Box quantity: 1 set.
- Box size: 44cm W x 19cm H x 22.5cm D.
- Box weight: 0.756kg.
Questions & Answers:
- Will the vent reduce sound from inside to outside as well as from outside to inside? The BRE has advised us that it’s reasonable to assume that ‘reciprocity’ applies to the vents. That is, the third octave values for sound reduction index are the same in both directions (out to in and in to out).
Rytons is proud to be a family run business and British manufacturer since 1972
44 dB (Dn,e,w).
7,400mm² (74cm²) Equivalent Area
7,400mm² (74cm²) Equivalent Area