TC20HCWL – Rytons 9×9 Cowled Ventilation Set with Hit & Miss Ventilator
- General Details
- Related Products
- Telescopic cavity liner set with external cowl for background room ventilation.
- Allows the introduction of fresh outside air into the room to disperse moisture, odours and other airborne pollutants.
- External cowl protects against excessive weather conditions and alleviates air blasts through the cavity.
- Telescopic cavity liner contains a system of internal baffles to reduce light and draughts.
- Internal hit & miss grille manually adjusted with a sliding action allowing ventilation to be controlled as required.
- Cowl, air brick and hit & miss grille U.V. stabilised to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- External water baffles prevent transfer of water across the cavity.
- Position at high level (typically 1.7m above floor level) for all dwelling types and storey heights.
- PLEASE NOTE: This item is a plastic component and therefore not suitable for use within the external walls of high-rise buildings requiring non-combustible materials, i.e. those 18m high or more complying to Regulation 7(2) and Approved Document B, and those 11m high or more complying to 2.7 of Building (Scotland) technical handbook 2019. For compliant alternatives, which includes our tailor-made design service, see Rytons A1 Fire-rated Ventilation Range.
- 27,000mm² (270cm²) per set (tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE).
- Cowl: 274mm L x 235mm H x 103mm D.
- AirLiner sleeve: 220mm W x 207mm H, extends from 250mm to 404mm L (including air brick) (see image gallery).
- Hit & Miss grille: 271mm L x 247mm H.
- Terracotta: TC20HTCWL.
- Buff/Sand: TC20HBCWL.
- White: TC20HWCWL.
- White hit & miss grille.
- Colour matching available using the Tailor-made by Rytons bespoke ventilation service.
- Cowl and hit & miss grille: U.V. stabilised high impact polystyrene.
- Multifix Air Brick: U.V. stabilised polypropylene.
- AirLiner sleeve: Polypropylene.
- AirLiner sleeve contains recycled plastic.
- No special fixing required. Build in the cavity liner with fitted air brick as work proceeds. Extend the telescopic sleeve as necessary. Fasten the cowl to the brickwork. Fasten the hit & miss ventilator internally.
- To comply with Building Regulations Part F the ventilator should be sited not less than 1.7m above floor level.
- Box quantity: 1 set.
- Box size: 27.5cm W x 28.5cm H x 27cm D.
- Box weight: 1.57kg.
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE.
- Also refer to: The Building Regulations 2000, Approved Document F,
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.14,
- The Building Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000, Technical Booklet K,
- British Standard BS 5250.
30,000mm² (300cm²) Equivalent Area