TAL4H&M – Rytons 9×3 Acoustic AirLiner Set with Hit & Miss Ventilator
- General Details
- BRE Test Report
- Quote Request
- Related Products
- Telescopic cavity liner set for background room ventilation.
- Allows the introduction of fresh outside air into the room to disperse moisture, odours and other airborne pollutants.
- Use in noisy areas to reduce the amount of noise entering the building for a more peaceful environment.
- The telescopic cavity liner contains an internal baffle to reduce light and draughts.
- Internal hit & miss grille manually adjusted with a sliding action allowing ventilation to be controlled as required.
- Air brick and hit & miss grille U.V. stabilised to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- External water baffles prevent the transfer of water across the cavity.
- Position at a high level (typically 1.7m above floor level) for all dwelling types and storey heights.
Sound Reduction & Equivalent Area:
- Sound reduced by 38 dB with internal grille fully open and 39 dB when closed (Dn,e,w) (tested by BRE Acoustics).
- 6,300mm² (63cm²) equivalent area (tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE).
- Acoustic AirLiner sleeve: 220mm W x 71mm H, extends from 250mm to 368mm L (including air brick) (see image gallery).
- Hit & Miss grille: 271mm L x 95mm H.
- Terracotta: TAL4H&MTC.
- Buff/Sand: TAL4H&MBS.
- Blue/Black: TAL4H&MBB.
- Grey: TAL4H&MGR.
- White: TAL4H&MWH.
- Brown: TAL4H&MDB.
- Black: TAL4H&MBL.
- White hit & miss grille.
- Colour matching available using the Tailor-made by Rytons bespoke ventilation service.
- Multifix Air Brick: U.V. stabilised polypropylene.
- Acoustic AirLiner: Polypropylene containing sound absorbent foam panels.
- Acoustic AirLiner contains recycled plastic.
- Foam fire performance: DIN 4102 B1; UL94 94 V-0 & 94 HF-1; NFP 92-501 M1; FAR 25.853 (a) Pass; ASTM E 662-83 Pass; ATS 1000.001 Pass; Building Regulations Class ‘0’.
- Hit & Miss grille: U.V. stabilised high impact polystyrene.
- No special fixing required. Build in the cavity liner with fitted air brick as work proceeds. Extend the telescopic sleeve as necessary. Fasten the hit & miss ventilator internally.
- To comply with Building Regulations Part F the ventilator should be sited not less than 1.7m above floor level.
- Box quantity: 1 set.
- Box size: 32cm W x 10.5cm H x 29cm D.
- Box weight: 0.6kg.
- Measurement of airborne sound insulation was made in accordance with BS EN 20140-10: 1992.
- Single number quantities were calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1:1997.
- Equivalent area tested to BS EN 13141-1:2004 and independently verified by the BRE.
- Also refer to: The Building Regulations 2000, Approved Document F,
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.14,
- The Building Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000, Technical Booklet K,
- British Standard BS 5250.
Questions & Answers:
- Will the vent reduce sound from inside to outside as well as from outside to inside? The BRE has advised us that it’s reasonable to assume that ‘reciprocity’ applies to the vents. That is, the third octave values for sound reduction index are the same in both directions (out to in and in to out).
Rytons is proud to be a family run business and British manufacturer since 1972.
10,200mm² (102cm²) Equivalent Area