PUFV – Rytons Periscope Underfloor Ventilator
- Cavity and Underfloor Ventilators, Weep Hole Ducts
- Periscope Underfloor Ventilator and Accessories
- PUFV - Rytons Periscope® Underfloor Ventilator
PUFV – Rytons Periscope® Underfloor Ventilator
- General Details
- Related Products
- An underfloor ventilation system for block and beam and timber floors.
- Expands up to 5 brick courses.
- Prevents damage by condensation and the build-up of dangerous gases.
- For use with Rytons Multifix® Air Brick MFAB.
- 218mm W x 250mm D x 368mm H (fully extended and with Rytons Multifix Air Brick fitted) (see image gallery above).
- CAD drawing available by email.
- 7,750mm² per unit (with Rytons Multifix Air Brick fitted).
- No special fixing required. Installation is easily carried out as work proceeds. Adjust the height of the Periscope to suit brick courses and height of floor (cutting if necessary).
- Box quantity: 20 number.
- Box size: 81cm W x 45cm H x 31cm D.
- Box weight: 8.4kg.
- Suspended Timber and Suspended Concrete Floors: Ventilate the underfloor space by providing ventilation in two opposing external walls so that the ventilating air will have a free path between opposite sides and to all parts. Ventilate voids by openings providing not less than 1500mm²/m run of external wall or 500mm²/m² of floor area, whichever gives the greater opening area. Provide ventilation in internal sleeper walls or similar obstructions to maintain the path of air.
- The NHBC recommends ventilators for suspended timber floors be spaced at not more than 2m centres and within 450mm of each end of any wall.
- The Building Regulations state any pipes needed to carry ventilating air should have a diameter of at least 100mm.
- Also refer to: The Building Regulations 2000, Approved Document C,
- The Building (Scotland) Regulations, Mandatory Standard 3.4,
- NHBC Standards,
- British Standard BS 5250.
NBS Plus Specification: